8th International Documentary Film Festival of Mexico City
1. The 8th International Documentary Film Festival of Mexico City (DocsDF) will take place from October 24th to November 3rd2013.
2. Each participant may present one or more documentary films to the following categories:
- International Feature
- Ibero-American Feature
- Mexican Feature
- Feature for Television
- International Short Film
- Mexican Short Film
3. In order to participate, each contestant must fill in the online application form, available at: www.docsdf.org and then send two (2) screening copies on DVD to the following address:
International Documentary Film Festival of Mexico City
República de Cuba 43, primer piso. Centro Histórico
CP 06010, México DF.
3.1. Also, participants might send on-line screeners through the platform: www.movibeta.com.
3.2 No film will be completely registered until the reception of the screening copies, through any of the two sending ways available. Once the copies are received and the application form is properly filled, the applicant will receive, via e-mail a notification and a reference number, indicating the proper submission of the film.
4. The submission has no cost.
5. Deadline for submission is April 30th 2013.
5.1 The date in which the film was sent will be considered for registration.
6. The films must be produced after January 1st 2012.
7. In order to participate in the «Mexican Feature» category, the films shouldn’t been exhibited or screened on commercial cinemas, festivals, television or web in Mexico City, prior to the last day of the 8th edition of the festival (November 3rd).
8. Documentaries presented to the «International Short Film» or «Mexican Short Film» categories, most not exceed 30 minutes in length. Nevertheless, in case they do, they can be consider for all the other categories.
9. Films submitted to the «feature for television» category should have been produced or co-produced to or by a TV broadcaster, regardless whether they have been broadcasted or not.
10. Submitted documentaries whose original language isn’t Spanish or English must be subtitled in either of those two languages.
11. By no means, the screening copies will be returned, and they will become part of the festival’s archives. They might be use strictly with cultural purposes only and free or any charge within the DocsDF Videotheque, as well as in any other events organized by DocsDF, with previous consent by the responsible of the documentary.
12. In case the film is selected, the person who registered the film will be notified and informed with the instructions for the delivery of the screening copy, as well as the additional materials required for its participation.
13. DocsDF members and experts in the documentary genre will form the Selection Committee, who will perform their work according to quality and creativity parameters previously set by the Direction of the Festival.
14. The Selection Committee reserves the right to change a film to a different category than the one presented to, if it is consider convenient, always informing the participant of such action.
15. The selected films will have twenty (20) days from the date of notification, to deliver the screening copies.
15.1 After the Official Selection notification, the participants will receive further information regarding the digital formats and necessary materials to complete the participation.
16. In the case the producing company or the documentary applicant doesn’t have a NTSC copy, Spanish subtitles or neither, DocsDF will be able to provide those services.
17. The filmmakers selected must send along with the screening copy or via e-mail the following materials:
- Two (2) stills of the film, one for the catalogue (900 x 900, 300 dpi) and another one for web (525 x 300, 72 dpi).
- A short synopsis of the film (500 characters including spaces)
- Promotional materials (Press Kit), which will be distributed to the media and press during the festival, as well as other additional materials (posters, postcards, etc.)
18. Any expenses generated by the delivery of materials will be cover by the sender. DocsDF won’t be responsible for any possible damage the materials might suffer during the delivery.
19. All the parcels sent, must be clearly marked: «With no commercial value, for cultural purposes only».
20. The festival organization assumes that the producers or filmmakers applying to this call for entries hold the exhibition rights to the piece they are presenting, exempting DocsDF of any civil or penal responsibilities.
21. In case of selection, those films in post-production stage (work in progress) will be accepted as long as they can guarantee the delivery of the screening copy within the requested dates. This guarantee will be resume in a letter extended by the festival at the appropriate moment.
22. DocsDF does not pay screening fees.
23. The jury is formed by national and international personalities from the audiovisual and cultural area. The members will be announced before the celebration of the festival.
24. No member of the jury will be able to participate in any of the categories of the festival under any title.
25. No member of the DocsDF organizing committee can be part of the jury.
26. The jury’s decision isunappealable.
27. The submission of the films implies the total acceptance of this call for entries and its regulations, and its interpretation and application it’s responsibility of the DocsDF organizers.
28. For any doubts or further information regarding this call for entries, please write to email@example.com or call: (+52 55) 55 10 36 89.
México City, December 2012